Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Breaking Point.......

 


 
 
I consider myself a strong person but when it comes to my children my heart is as soft as a down filled pillow. We decided to have a fun filled family day at Valley Plaza family Entertainment Center.
All was going great we rode the bumper cars, bowled, laser tag, putt putt golf and then we where in then arcade having a wonderful time! When all the sudden I heard a scream from my fifteen month old Jillian. My aunt said she sat her on a arcade game to watch  and she fell off. My heart sank but then she fell asleep in my arms so figured she was ok about twenty minutes later I realized she was favoring her left arm. So I lifted up her long sleeve shirt and was shocked at the sight. Her arm which was normally straight was bent like a rainbow. Once again my heart sank into my stomach and I was about into tears but new I had to be strong for her. To the Emergency Room we went. Well they put a cast on it and then I was ok until we had to go to the orthopedic surgeon on Monday. Monday came and the surgery was scary they had to put my little lady to sleep with I.Vs and all. I cried like a baby for her. She was stronger than her mama that's for sure. She is now rocking a hot pink cast for the next four weeks. I now know it is ok to be strong but also ok to be scared and weak when it comes to your kids.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 

2 comments:

  1. Wow that must of been scary. I don't have any kids but I can only imagine how you must of felt when you had to take her to the emergency room. I'm glad she is alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most mothers become scared at some point and time when their children are hurt. I'm glad your daughter is doing well.

    ReplyDelete