Sunday, December 15, 2013

dumbfounded

 My nine year old who still believes in Santa walks in the house after just getting off the bus with a weird look and her face. I asked her what was wrong she said well I am confused mom. I played along and said about what? She said I thought you had to be married to have a baby. I said well you don't have to be married but you should be. Why are you asking that weird question? Well mom a girl on my bus is pregnant. Trying not to let  my mouth hit the floor I asked how old the girl was she said thirteen. I then said oh my gosh, McKenzie that is way to young you should at least be out of college with a good job and can support your self. That little girl is still a kid herself, I said I do not want you to be friends with her. be nice and say hi but you are not to be friends with her. After a while went by I was not sure on if what I told her was the right thing. I didn't know that young girl or what had happened to her. So I sat my daughter down again who has no clue even how a baby is made yet. I said kenzie you see how hard it is to have a baby with my taking care of the twins. It is a lot of work. I think everyone should wait until they are ready to take on that kind of responsibility to have a baby. I am shocked and dumbfounded that I had to have that kind of talk with my nine year old little girl. This world sure is a scary place to raise a child/children. I hope my kids learn the right path to take from me. I hope I teach them to value their youth. I hope to teach them to respect themselves and others. I hope I am not a grandma for thirty more years scary stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment